We’re expanding our program; The Fashion First Workshops fashion summer camp program is a unique, creative, fun and educational way for children to learn all they need to know to become a fashion designer.
We are looking for fun, caring and creative sewing aficionados that want to share their skills with these creative and talented children. If you have experience working with children and sewing arts, this may be the right fit for you! This is an exciting opportunity to join our fashion design team of instructors!
With your passion for fashion and skills this could be the perfect fit for you!
So come join us!
Objective: To lead the summer fashion camp by overseeing the assistant designers in the day to day operations of the camp at that location.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach the class by the FFW curriculum; stay on task to the daily expectations of the designers. If not on task, you must report these concerns to us.
- Assist the staff in administering the FFW missions and values
- Take attendance for absent students, report to FFW.
- Make sure the absent student is caught up the project for the camp week
- Manage the fabric and supply needs for the week
- Lead and participate in the setup and breakdown of the site
- Communicate with the location manager on the sites pros and cons
- Participate in all the required training
- Ensure the safety of the children at the site at all times and be aware of their ware about safety
- Provide feedback of the staff evaluation during and at the end of the camp week
Skills & Requirements:
- Sewing machine skills
- Reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license/ID and having access to a car are helpful
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs (sewing machine and supplies)
- Casual dress attire
- 2 years of working with children is a plus
- Have a passion for fashion!
- Minimum age 20 years old